Thanksgiving at Standing Rock
Agua has dispatched emergency personnel, financial, and technical support services to Standing Rock. Our giving is split into three strategic areas at Standing Rock: 1) Immediate Frontline Relief 2) Intermediate Operational Support and Capacity Building 3) Long term Sustainable Initiatives
Agua International Water Relief is a U.S. 501 (c)(3) Public Charity empowering economically disadvantaged small communities to develop and sustain clean water supplies. Donations are tax deductible.
Thank you! Wopila!
Water is life! Mni Wichoni!
What you need to know about Standing Rock:
1) The indigenous Sioux Tribe are on thier land. The water they are protecting belongs to them by birthright. They never gave it up. It is called "unceeded land" and therefore defaults back to the Treaty of Fort Laramie where they have sovereign control over what happens to it.
2) "Energy Transfer Partners" (ETP) declared eminent domain on thier sovereign land to build the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL). This puts thier water at risk of spills, which ETP has a history of.
3) A litany of human and environmental rights violations have accumulated to date to include: Corporate militias attacking women with dogs, stripping them, zip tying them, numbering them, and putting them in dog cages. Bulldozing ancient graves. Shooting at people praying, elders, women, medics, journalists, and youth with less than lethal weapons, mace, and LRAD sound cannons. Arresting clergy for praying for peace.
4) Despite the President, the ACOE, and the DOJ asking ETP to stop, they haven't.
5) Over 500 interfaith clergy have united to denounce the inhumane treatment of the indigenous people by a corporate sponsored military.